Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Logo project

After finding my former high school, York, I finally found the current logo. It was so small that once I enlarged it just a bit, it was almost too pixilated to see!
As I thought about what I wanted the logo to entail, I decided that I still wanted to keep some form of the Falcon, and just the 'Y' as opposed to 'YHS'.
I first because experimenting with the 'Y', only I didn't want it to be a collegate font, which everyone has and it's boring. Next, I played with what I wanted the falcon to look like, whether it be the head, some other part like a wing, or the whole bird. Yes, I went with the whole bird...
I chose the one in the grey oval as the final because I liked the frame the best. I also wanted to stay with something stylistic, the mascot and letter, to 'update' it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment