Sunday, February 22, 2009

ad crit-4

As I was going through sorting some cd's, I came across this crazy album I hadn't seen before. Upon inspection of the cover, I decided to use the cd cover from the motion picture "Tank Girl" as my fourth ad critique.
At first glance, my eyes hurt. Well, that is to say, I was just visually confused. The colors chosen are extremely loud/ bright, and there seems to be a lot of information crammed into a small space. The color palette reminds me somewhat of one of my previous crits of the Wii cover of the 'Ravin Rabbids', which was also a very limited palette, but still effective.
As far as the layout goes, the title 'Tank Girl' and the image of the woman follow the rule of thirds. Then there are cartoon bubbles spread throughout the rest of the void space or various artists who are featured on the sound track. Lastly, behind these bubbles there is some type of heavy black font, none of which is actually legible.
While the right side of the cover seems visually a bit heavier, there does seem to be some balance in the layout or composition. Most of the bubbles are grouped together in spots lending weight and chaotic structure to the busy peice.

No comments:

Post a Comment