Thursday, April 30, 2009

Proj 4 update....

Well, I think I've got it narrowed down to two template options (after much ado). I had actually thought of scanning in some fabric as a background before it was brought up in class on the 28th. I love Betsy's burlap, and while I had considered burlap because I love texture, it is a distant second compared to the fabric I actually forgot I had from a few years ago, an earth-toned light-weight rayon with different feathers all over it. While it's beautiful, I'm not quite sure how it will scan. I worry it may be too transparent to get the effect I want.
My second option is Amanda's very clever idea of using a pinhole image like the ones from my third project. I'm sooooo into the template and for some reason stuck on making it strictly from photoshop or illustrator, I didn't even consider that as an option! But it's a good one! I'm in the process of making a new 'camera' from something larger, I've got a shoe box I'm tinkering with because the Pringles can image is way too small to enlarge to a background. I had even thought of using color in the image- all images will come out black and white, which is great. However I am a color and texture person, so I considered enhancing some of the image with color in photoshop. Even if making the button links in color while the rest is b&w....hmmm, at least I've got it narrowed down some. I'll post images in next day or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment